This guide shows you how to launch PlantX. There are several programs offered as
part of PlantX services. Regardless of which programs you subscribe to, they all
start with the connex utility. The connex utility is the key to getting
started. connex plays a critical role in the PlantX services. Besides
launching programs, it tests your Internet connection, performs the necessary authentication,
installs the required programs and finally launches the program. Each time you log on, it will
check for upgrades or repair any missing or corrupt program pieces. The connex utility
is also used to uninstall the programs.
- Double click the connex icon to start.
- By default, the icon is installed on your desktop.
Enter your username and password.
- The user name and password can be a mix of upper and lower case characters and numbers.
- The user name is case insensitive, which means upper or lower case does not impact
whether or not you can log on.
- The password is case sensitive, and so requires that it be entered exactly as
created, with the correct character case.
- Login is not available if the Internet is down or the PlantX services are performing
Select the Application to Run (optional)
- If you subscribe to more than one service, connex will present a list of
applications from which to choose.
- Pressing enter will select the default program.
Select your membership.
- Only if you have permission to connect and manage multiple nurseries will you be
prompted to select a membership.
- Pressing enter will select the default membership.
Select the server to use.
- If you have a Broker Server installed, you will be prompted with the option to use your
Broker or connect direct to PlantX.
- You may need to wait a brief moment for the connections to show Ready before
- Pressing enter will select the default server.
- After following the procedure above, connex will automatically download and
install the required files. After the initial install, connex will check each time a
program is run to determine if all files are up-to-date, updating any that are not.
- Press the Back button to start the login process over at any time.
- Press Exit button to exit connex at any time.
See installation to install the connex utility.